- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Taking over salon a dream come true
Owning her own salon is a fairy tale come true for Dyan Korpe, so when she took over Beautiful Hair in February, she appropriately renamed it Happily Hair After.
After 24 years in the business, Korpe was thinking she would take her clientele and cut hair from home when the opportunity to take over the Enumclaw beauty salon where she’s worked the past seven years presented itself.
The name change, she said, reflects the broader spectrum, gifts and products, the business will offer in addition to salon services.
“It’s the start of a new adventure,” Korpe said.
Korpe said taking over is like keeping the business in the family.
Monika Bartsch, who still works at the salon, owned Beautiful Hair for 18 years before turning it over to stylist Tina Fox, who ran it for the past seven, and still clips beside Korpe.
The other stylists Sharee Pierce, Danae Kelly, Dawn Light and Donna Keegan, along with volunteer receptionist, Dale Pierson, also will continue to offer services.
The staff at Happily Hair After will offer cutting, styling, coloring and other hair services, along with manicures, waxing and ear piercing.
Korpe said a thank you to her clients for sticking with her through the decision-making process and also wants others to know the group is accepting new clients.
The salon is open Monday through Saturday with some evening appointments available, call 360-825-1558 for an appointment. Walk-ins are also welcome.