- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Better Business Bureau supports military
Local military installations are an integral part of Western Washington and Better Business Bureau is stepping up efforts to arm service members and their families with the tools to combat fraud and make smarter shopping decisions.
BBB received 10,397 complaints from military consumers in the first half of 2013. The most common complaints were against auto dealers, cable television providers and collection agencies—many complaints involve predatory lending practices.
In 2013, BBB serving Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington hosted three Integrity Golf Classic tournaments to raise funds and increase awareness of BBB Military Line®. More than 200 local businesses and nearly 190 community members came together in support of the program.
Proceeds from these golf events sustain BBB Military Line® and allow BBB to:
- Conduct uniquely-tailored financial education workshops.
- Offer free online resources at bbb.org and militaryandmoney.com.
- Provide consumer alerts and scam warnings via Facebook, Twitter and the monthly e-newsletter, “The Trusted Scout.”
- Host a free smartphone app, “Military & Money,” for both iPhone and Android users.
BBB believes that Financial Readiness Equals Mission Readiness and for the past nine years this program has protected and educated the local military constituency. To get involved with BBB’s Integrity Golf Classics, learn more about BBB Military Line® or file a complaint, visit akorww.bbb.org.