- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Martial arts gym finds new home
The distance in Enumclaw from 1226 Marshall Ave. to 930 Battersby Ave. is small, but the space Combat Sport and Fitness will gain by making the move is huge.
The mixed martial arts business celebrated the move to the current Battersby location with an open house Jan. 30. About 65 men, women and children packed the gymnasium for an in-house seminar that featured James Foster, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Kent, an affiliate of the gym, and guest coach Paul Mendoza from Dynamic Martial Arts and Fitness in California.
“We were thrilled with the turnout and our new space,” said Kirsten Hougland, who co-owns the business with her husband Jeff, who also is a trainer there. “We have more than tripled in size in the 16 months we have been in business. We have added more classes and are excited for the years to come.
“We talk to other people in this similar business and they can’t believe that a small town such as Enumclaw could support such a sport, but as it increases in popularity, and (there’s a) growing need for kids to have extra athletic options that may not be provided in our schools, we are sure that Enumclaw is the perfect place to have our business.”
Combat Sport and Fitness offers a variety of classes including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai kick boxing and fighter fit, a cardio class that mixes boxing, kick boxing and strength training.
For information visit the Web site, www.combatsportfitness.com.