- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Olson’s Meats and Smokehouse wins top prize for sausage
It’s become an annual event. The folks at Olson’s Meats and Smokehouse in Enumclaw venture down to the Northwest Meat Processors Association competition and bring home a winner, or two, or three.
This year was no exception. Olson’s waltzed down to Oregon March 18-22 and brought home top honors for its beef summer sausage, smoked chicken Italian sausage and fresh English bangers, all availabe at the shop’s old-fashioned service counter on state Route 164.
“The competition was really strong,” owner Greg Olson said. “We shared the stage with Bavarian Meats of Seattle and Hempler of Bellingham.”
The Northwest Meat Processors Association is a group of small independent retail markets, most of which are family owned, and a handful of smoked and deli meat wholesale markets. The contest draws the best meat processors from Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana.