The latest BLS News Release showing employment and wage data for occupations in the Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, metropolitan area is now available online at http://www.bls.gov/ro9/oesseat.pdf.
Employment counts and average rates of pay are available for all jobs in the area. Items of note include:
- The average worker in the Seattle area earned $28.36/hr in May 2013, about 27% above the U.S. average of $22.33/hr
- Management occupations in the area were highest paid at $59.30/hr, followed by legal occupations at $49.49/hr
- Computer and mathematical occupations accounted for 8.0% of total local employment, compared to 2.8% nationwide
- The average wage for computer and mathematical occupations was 25% above the national average
- Office and administrative support occupations accounted for the largest share of local employment at 13.5%
- The Seattle metropolitan area had the largest number of Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers nationwide (13,820)