- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
All are invited to attend Rachel's Challenge Rally
The wave of kindness and compassion continues to grow as the Enumclaw School District reports it is .75 miles shy of its 2-mile Rachel’s Challenge link goal.
With the final celebration planned for March 6 at 6:30 p.m. at the Pete’s Pool stadium, the district is asking for a big final push.
For the past seven months, students and community members have been recording the acts of kindness and compassion witnessed on paper chains, which have been linked together to, so far, reach 1.25 miles.
“I am so very grateful for all involved and it has been so incredible to not only see large links in our schools, but also in the front windows of our businesses,” Superintendent Mike Nelson wrote in his Feb. 5 Sunday Evening News.
The community is welcome to the March 6 celebration. The evening will begin with a welcome, followed by a presentation of chains, student testimonies, a speaker and more.