Enumclaw High School Daily Bulletin
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Today’s New Information:
The long football rivalry between Enumclaw and White River has been selected as one of the top rivalries in Washington state. We now move onto the national competition. If we win the national contest, both schools receive $5,000 for their athletic programs!
vote here: http://contest.usatodayhss.com/
OJT and ICE hours are due to Mrs. Jackson this Friday, November 30th!!
Attention! Last day to VOTE – we are choosing the theme for Tolo. Put your money in the jar of the theme that you would like to have during lunches today. The three themes are Winter Wonderland, New York, New York or Tolo around the World!
EHS & WRHS team up to present a romantic comedy!
"Almost, Maine" By John Cariani
Featuring more than 45 students in two combined casts, this show is sure to deliver laughs and love!
Performing at EHS on 11/29, 11/30, 12/1 & WRHS on 12/6, 12/7, 12/8
All shows at 7:30pm Admission: $8 Students w/ASB: Free
Rated: PG Running Time: Approx. 90 minutes Info: 360-802-7807
Information in Review:
Enumclaw Special Olympics Basketball Registration
For athletes with or without a disability - Team and individual skills competition
We need unified athletes, athletes without a disability, to join our Enumclaw Special Olympics High School team. You will mentor and play on the basketball team with the new Special Olympics High School team.
It’s a great way for community service, volunteer hours and college recommendations.
We also need basketball coaches & assistant coaches for our high school and junior teams.
If you can volunteer and or play please email me and let me know. firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice and Game times are as follows:
Practice Dec. 10th through February 13that Thunder Mountain Middle School.
State Qualifying teams practice Feb 25th& 27thwith the State Tournament March 1,2,3
Regional Tournament: Sunday Feb. 10th Issaquah
Pack the Gym Night: Wed. Feb. 13th Enumclaw
High School Unified Team Monday 6pm to 7pm and Wednesday 7pm to 8pm
Junior All Athlete Team Monday and Wednesday 6 to 7pm
Junior Unified Team Monday 6pm to 7pm and Wednesday 7pm to 8pm
Junior Skills Team Monday 6pm to 7pm
Adults Team and Adult Skills22 and up Monday 7pm to 8pm
If you have a conflict with a few days or can only attend practice once a week we can work with your schedule.
And now please listen to an important message from the Library.... There are 62 students who have books that were due in September. 18 students have books that were due in October and so far in November 76 students have overdue books. Please return or renew all of your overdue books.
"Hey Hornets" - After school math tutoring is running again. So, whether you really struggle in math or just need help with a few questions, stop by and see us. Tutoring is currently available on Tuesdays in Portable 10 and Thursdays in Room 211. Tutoring begins at 2:40 and is available until 3:30.
Buzzy’s drink winners of the week Sefo Gill and Bailey Cordoza.
Winter Show/Drama/”Almost, Maine” Thursday, Nov. 29-Dec. 1 7:30PM/$8.00 Auditorium
Winter Band Concert Monday, December 10 7:00-9:00PM Auditorium
Soccer Awards Tuesday, December 11 Commons
Holiday Choir Concerts Tues. & Wed., Dec. 11 &12 7:00PM - $4.00 Auditorium
Winter Pep Assembly Friday, December 14 12:45- 1:15PM Large Gym
*Tolo Dance Saturday, February 2
Recognition Pep Assembly Friday, February 8 12:45-1:15PM Large Gym
Spring Sports Begin Practice Monday, February 25
Spring Pep Assembly Friday, March 8 12:45-1:15PM Large Gym
Senior Ball Saturday, June 1, 2013 7:00 – 11:30PM Shilshole Beach Club
Graduation (Tentative) Monday, June 10, 2013 White River Amphitheater
Native American /Alaskan Native Club meets monthly with no fees to participate. The group will learn leadership skills and participate in cultural events. If you have questions please see Cathy in the Counseling Center.
Spanish Club is a group that celebrates Hispanic and Latino culture and practices the use of the Spanish language. The club is organized and ran by student leaders in the University of Washington Spanish class. Spanish club meets once a month in Profa. Stewart's room 141 from 2:45-3:45. Each month we learn and celebrate a topic related to Hispanic and/or Latino Heritage. This is great place to meet friends, earn culture credit points, and have a good time. Membership dues are $5.00 per semester. 2012/2013 dates: 12/13, 1/10, 2/14, 3/14, 4/11, and 5/9.
Weight Club days and times for the winter season are now Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2:45-4:00. Join today! Please pay the cashier $10.00 along with a signed weight club form. Please see Mr. Gunderson with any questions or Mrs. Murrell (Stussy)
Clubs & Advisors available at EHS: Drama - Darrell Miller, Equestrian – Courtney Bowie, German – Sarah Stout, Honor Society – Kathy Ross & Susan Sandfer, Interact (Rotary) – Christy Weinbrecht, Judo – Mike Nepper, Service (Key Club) – Amy Ihde, Weight Lifting – Jenelle Stussy Murrell, Art Honor Society – Amy Weber, Culinary – Cynthia Lang, D.E.C.A. – Carol Jackson. F.C.C.L.A. – Raeann Webb & Cynthia Lang, F.F.A. – Amy Morrison, Jewelry/Skills USA – Randy Cook, Robotics- Jim LovellFord, Streetmasters – Jerry Globe, Video – Doug Wolf, G.S.A. – Jean Zeman, Water Polo – Bob Averill & Ken DeMan
The Enumclaw Clothing Bank: We are open every Tuesday from 10am-6pm. (closed on school closures and holidays) We are located at the JJ Smith building on Fell St. in the old library.
YoungLife is on Monday nights at 7:37PM in Senior Locker Bay. All students are welcome.
WAYS TO HELP FAMILIES IN ENUMCLAW:
· Kops for Kids – Accepting UPWRAPPED toys only (no clothes) from November 23 to December 14, 2012 at various drop off locations (including the district office lobby) around Enumclaw. They cannot accept ANY violent type toys, no dart guns, nerf guns, etc.
· Enumclaw Fire Station will be collecting food during the Christmas parade in Enumclaw to be donated to the Senior Center.
· Toys for Tots – Accepting UPWRAPPED toys to be delivered to the Enumclaw Fire Station AND locations around town, starting November 23 through December 13. They will have cash donation containers at local stores, or cash and checks can be dropped off at the Fire Station. Friday, December 14 they will move toys from locations and fire station to the Senior Center to arrange for selection, volunteers will be needed for this. Saturday, December 15 parents will be able to select toys for their children.
· Enumclaw Kiwanis – Sending out information/applications for Christmas Baskets on November 21, 2012. They will use the same list that we used for Lending Hands.
· PLATEAU OUTREACH MINISTRIES
· Food Bank • More Pennies From Heaven • Samaritan Project 360-825-8961
· Below is a list of services we provide throughout the year, as well as some special holiday information. Unfortunately, we do not have any emergency housing available locally. The closest shelters are Federal Way and Tacoma. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you believe we can help a family! There is also more information on our website: www.plateauoutreach.org.
· Food Bank: Wednesday, 9:30 – Noon (open to all, available each week)
· Emergency Assistance: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9:30 – Noon
· (Service area: Enumclaw, Black Diamond, Buckley, Wilkeson, Carbonado, South Prairie)
· Thrift Store: Tuesday – Saturday, 10:00 – 4:00
· Special Holiday Services
· Christmas Food Bank: 12/19
Britt Nelson, Executive Director
Assembled by Virginia Harmon. (Thank you!)