Enumclaw High School Daily Bulletin | Dec. 5-6
December 4, 2012 · 3:27 PM
Enumclaw High School Daily Bulletin
Wednesday, December 5 & Thursday, December 6
Keep up on the Hornet scores & Activities!
Today’s New Information:
College/ Military visits in the Career Center (room #147) this month:
December 5th - National Guard during choice, come learn about alternative ways to save for college.
December 6th- Eastern University @ 10:25 in the Career Center
Attention all National Honor Society students who are participating in the holiday service project. The holiday tree decorating has been moved to Wednesday, December 5th. We will still meet in Mrs. Sandfer's room right after school.
Enumclaw Clothes Bank needs new underwear & socks!!!
Boys (school age) like boxer briefs and low cut socks (white & black) & girls like hipster and boy short style underwear (instead of bikini) & low cut socks. Please bring them to the Leadership room, 208.
(underwear sizes from child 6 to adult, sock sizes medium child to adult) Thank you for caring!
Reminder: Weight Club begins at 2:45PM to 3:30PM on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
Information in Review:
The November PE and Health students of the month are:
Weights and Conditioning: Zac Webb
Walking Wellness: Evie Rudstrom
Intro to P.E.: Hailey Booher
Sports and Fitness: Nolan Bailey
Health: Alex Garate
Seniors doing the Reading or Writing COE: We are meeting after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays (not during Core/Choice) to work on the COE. We have five sessions remaining to complete your required submissions. See you at 2:35PM in the career center.
Congratulations to the EHS Wrestling teams-- Hornets took 1st place at the White River classic out of 16 teams. Four Hornets were in the finals, 3 won. Hunter Haney-Champion 113 lbs, Lucas Somers – Champion – 152 lbs., Ryan Anderson-Champion 170 lbs. JV Wrestlers wrestled at the Sumner Classic and took 3rd place. They won four out of five matches. Go Hornets!
Enumclaw Parks & Recreation are in need of youth basketball volunteer coaches. We need 1 to coach Coed K/1st Grade, and 3 for 2nd/3rd grade boys. If you or ANYONE you know is interested, please have them call
Enumclaw Parks at 360-802-0235.
EHS & WRHS team up to present a romantic comedy!
"Almost, Maine" By John Cariani
Featuring more than 45 students in two combined casts, this show is sure to deliver laughs and love!
Performing at WRHS on 12/6, 12/7, 12/8
All shows at 7:30pm Admission: $8 Students w/ASB: Free
Rated: PG Running Time: Approx. 90 minutes Info: 360-802-7807
"Hey Hornets" - After school math tutoring is running again. So, whether you really struggle in math or just need help with a few questions, stop by and see us. Tutoring is currently available on Tuesdays in Portable 10 and Thursdays in Room 211. Tutoring begins at 2:40 and is available until 3:30.
Congratulations to Gant Peterson & Kris Rogers who have both won a Buzzy’s drink for this week.
Winter Band Concert Monday, December 10 7:00-9:00PM Auditorium
Soccer Awards Tuesday, December 11 Commons
Holiday Choir Concerts Tues. & Wed., Dec. 11 &12 7:00PM - $4.00 Auditorium
Winter Pep Assembly Friday, December 14 12:45- 1:15PM Large Gym
2012-13 Hall of Fame Game Friday, January 18, 2013 7:00PM Large Gym
Honoring the 1998 Girls Basketball Team
*Tolo Dance Saturday, February 2
Recognition Pep Assembly Friday, February 8 12:45-1:15PM Large Gym
Spring Sports Begin Practice Monday, February 25
Spring Pep Assembly Friday, March 8 12:45-1:15PM Large Gym
Senior Ball Saturday, June 1, 2013 7:00 – 11:30PM Shilshole Beach Club
EHS Film Festival Thursday, June 7, 2013 7:00PM Chalet Threater
Graduation (Tentative) Monday, June 10, 2013 White River Amphitheater
The December Monthly Scholarship & College Information List is now available. Stop by the Counseling or Career Center to pick up a copy or go to the Career Center swift website.
College/ Military visits in the Career Center (room #147) this month:
December 6th- Eastern University @ 10:25
December 13th- ASVAB results, during choice
Native American /Alaskan Native Club meets monthly with no fees to participate. The group will learn leadership skills and participate in cultural events. If you have questions please see Cathy in the Counseling Center.
Spanish Club is a group that celebrates Hispanic and Latino culture and practices the use of the Spanish language. The club is organized and ran by student leaders in the University of Washington Spanish class. Spanish club meets once a month in Profa. Stewart's room 141 from 2:45-3:45. Each month we learn and celebrate a topic related to Hispanic and/or Latino Heritage. This is great place to meet friends, earn culture credit points, and have a good time. Membership dues are $5.00 per semester. 2012/2013 dates: 12/13, 1/10, 2/14, 3/14, 4/11, and 5/9.
Weight Club days and times for the winter season are now Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2:45-4:00. Join today! Please pay the cashier $10.00 along with a signed weight club form. Please see Mr. Gunderson with any questions or Mrs. Murrell (Stussy)
Clubs & Advisors available at EHS: Drama - Darrell Miller, Equestrian – Courtney Bowie, German – Sarah Stout, Honor Society – Kathy Ross & Susan Sandfer, Interact (Rotary) – Christy Weinbrecht, Judo – Mike Nepper, Service (Key Club) – Amy Ihde, Weight Lifting – Jenelle Stussy Murrell, Art Honor Society – Amy Weber, Culinary – Cynthia Lang, D.E.C.A. – Carol Jackson. F.C.C.L.A. – Raeann Webb & Cynthia Lang, F.F.A. – Amy Morrison, Jewelry/Skills USA – Randy Cook, Robotics- Jim LovellFord, Streetmasters – Jerry Globe, Video – Doug Wolf, G.S.A. – Jean Zeman, Water Polo – Bob Averill & Ken DeMan
The Enumclaw Clothing Bank: We are open every Tuesday from 10am-6pm. (closed on school closures and holidays) We are located at the JJ Smith building on Fell St. in the old library.
YoungLife is on Monday nights at 7:37PM in Senior Locker Bay. All students are welcome.
WAYS TO HELP FAMILIES IN ENUMCLAW:
- Kops for Kids – Accepting UPWRAPPED toys only (no clothes) from November 23 to December 14, 2012 at various drop off locations (including the district office lobby) around Enumclaw. They cannot accept ANY violent type toys, no dart guns, nerf guns, etc.
- Toys for Tots – Accepting UPWRAPPED toys to be delivered to the Enumclaw Fire Station AND locations around town, starting November 23 through December 13. They will have cash donation containers at local stores, or cash and checks can be dropped off at the Fire Station. Friday, December 14 they will move toys from locations and fire station to the Senior Center to arrange for selection, volunteers will be needed for this. Saturday, December 15 parents will be able to select toys for their children.
- PLATEAU OUTREACH MINISTRIES
- Food Bank • More Pennies From Heaven • Samaritan Project 360-825-8961
- Below is a list of services we provide throughout the year, as well as some special holiday information. Unfortunately, we do not have any emergency housing available locally. The closest shelters are Federal Way and Tacoma. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you believe we can help a family! There is also more information on our website: www.plateauoutreach.org.
- Food Bank: Wednesday, 9:30 – Noon (open to all, available each week)
- Emergency Assistance: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9:30 – Noon
- (Service area: Enumclaw, Black Diamond, Buckley, Wilkeson, Carbonado, South Prairie)
- Thrift Store: Tuesday – Saturday, 10:00 – 4:00
- Special Holiday Services
- Christmas Food Bank: 12/19
Britt Nelson, Executive Director
Assembled by Virginia Harmon. (Thank you!)