- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Enumclaw's St. Elizabeth Hospital scholarships awarded
Enumclaw's St. Elizabeth Hospital has awarded scholarships to five local high school graduates – three from Enumclaw and two from White River – who will be pursuing careers in the medical field.
This year, five $1,000 and two $500 scholarships were given. The hospital has awarded college scholarships to area students since 1997.
This year’s recipients include:
• Madison Budinich, White River – $1,000 St. Elizabeth scholarship to attend the University of Washington to pursue a career in medicine.
• Matthew Flintoff, Enumclaw – $1,000 St. Elizabeth scholarship to attend Gonzaga University to become an anesthesiologist.
• Brianne Harder, Enumclaw – $1,000 St. Elizabeth scholarship to attend Washington State University to become a nurse.
• Sean Hayes, White River – $1,000 St. Elizabeth scholarship and $500 Louis Gage Memorial scholarship to attend Macalester College and pursue a career in medicine.
• Bailee Smith, Enumclaw – $1,000 Jean Gillespie Nursing scholarship and $500 Louis Gage Memorial scholarship to attend Arizona State University to become a nurse.
Jean Gillespie is a former patient at Enumclaw Regional Hospital. She was so appreciative of the care she received she founded a scholarship to help local students. Louis Gage is a former hospital board member and a scholarship was established in his honor.