- About Us
Arts & Entertainment
• The Magic of Beads, jewelry by longtime Enumclaw artist Sylvia Hillberg, opens the Enumclaw City Hall Gallery 2009 Tuesday and runs through Feb. 3. The show is in the entry lobby display case. City Hall is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For information, call 360-802-0239.
• A compilation of poems from the first year of the Plateau’s Poetry Jam titled "Raining Words" is available at the Arts Alive! Gallery in Enumclaw for $14.95.
• Cascade Foothills Chorale welcomes new singers. The chorale is a non-audition choir. Rehearsals are 7 to 9:15 p.m. Thursdays in the Enumclaw High choir room, beginning Jan. 8. For information go to www.cfchorale.org or call 253-905-3413
• The city of Enumclaw’s Gallery 2008 features Enumclaw photographer Lisa Parsons with Journey to Andean Highlands and Jungles of Peru. The exhibit runs through Jan. 7. Gallery 2008 is located in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 1339 Griffin Ave. Hours for the exhibition space are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Enumclaw City Hall is closed on national holidays. The gallery is closed to the public on Tuesday of each week for municipal court proceedings. For information call 360-802-0239.
• All are invited to attend "Good Sense Financial Planning" seminars at 7 p.m. Wednesdays, Jan. 14 through Feb. 18, at the Seventh-day Adventist Church, 3333 Griffin Ave. in Enumclaw. Call 253-880-4384 for information.
• A miniature town display of Bedford Falls, from the movie "It's a Wonderful Life," is available for all to view during the holiday season at Enumclaw's Seventh-day Adventist Church, 3333 Griffin Ave. For information call 253-880-4384.
• The Wilkeson Centennial Committee announces the availability of centennial quilts and 2009 calendars showcasing Wilkeson's history. Both are selling fast so stop by or contact town hall at 360-829-0790 or Donna Hogerhuis at 360-829-4281. The quilts are $55 and calendars are $10. All proceeds benefit the Wilkeson Centennial celebration and town momunent.
Health and Fitness
• Enumclaw Regional Hospital and the King County Department of Health will host a childhood immunization clinic from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 29 at the hospital's conference rooms.
This is a free program provided on a drop-in basis. Please bring immunization records for each child. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian; guardians must show proof of legal guardianship. For information call 360-825-2505.
• The Puget Sound Blood Center will conduct a blood drive from 2 to 8 p.m. Jan. 12 in the parish hall of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Enumclaw. Staff will take a break from 4 to 4:45 p.m. For information or to sign up, contact George at 360-825-3657 or email@example.com.
All activities are at the center, 1350 Cole St., unless otherwise noted. More information about any of the following programs or activities is available by phoning the center at 360-825-4741.
• A trip to the Veterans Memorial Museum in Chehalis is planned for Tuesday. Sign up in the office. There will be a $5 van fee and lunch is on your own. Admission is $5 for adults and free for members.
• Make today, Wednesday, a memorable day at the center with a New Year's Eve party. Sing Auld Lang Syne, a popular song of friendship and salutation and take pleasure in the performance of “1928” a dynamic duo beginning at 11 a.m. Organizers will uncork the bubbly for a toast to bring in the new year with a countdown at noon.
• The Enumclaw Senior Activity Center will be closed Thursday in observance of New Year’s Day.
• Haircuts are available for $5 Jan. 8 and payment is made to Char. Haircuts are available between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. by appointment only.
• On-site licensed and insured pedicure services by Karen’s Foot Care, specializing in gentle foot care for seniors is Jan. 8 by appointment. Price for pedicure is $25.
• A trip is planned for the Lucky Eagle Casino Jan. 13. There is a $2 trip charge payable when registering. The motorcoach arrives at center at 9 .m. and returns around 4:15 p.m. Please park at chamber of commerce parking lot.
• Rainier Rabbits 4-H Youth Club is accepting new members in kindergarten through 12th grade. Learn about rabbits and showmanship. Call Janet at 360-825-3676 for information about either project.
• Girl Scout Troop 4635 is open to girls ages 12 to 17 from the Buckley area. Call Beth at 360-829-2151 for information about upcoming activities.
• The Black Diamond Library Teen Advisory Council meets at 6 p.m., the second Monday of every month, to talk about books the library can purchase for the “young adult” section.
• The Plateau Poultry Club is a 4-H group for kids 6 to 17 who are crazy about their chickens. The group meets twice a month. Call 253-631-2460 for information.
The Buckley Youth Activities Center is open 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 1:30 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday. It is located on River Avenue. For information call 360-829-6534 or visit the Web site at www.cityofbuckley.com.
• The center will be closed New Year's Day.