- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Harkey to address writers association
The Plateau Area Writers Association will host Jim Harkey, author of “Randall the Fastest Reindeer,” at its quarterly meeting Tuesday at the Muckleshoot Library.
Harkey, a longtime adventurer, pilot, traveler and retired building developer, will speak at 10 a.m. at the library located on state Route 164 west of Enumclaw.
“Randall the Fastest Reindeer” is a holiday book describing how Santa discovered he had left behind a bag of trees intended for the children of Swaziland and needed help from a not so big reindeer. The story was inspired by Harkey’s experiences in Africa and the North Pole.