- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
White River School District students encouraged to enter poetry contest
Children will express their creativity, win prizes and present their writing to the community during the eighth annual Wake Up to Poetry contest.
Young poets may submit entries to Buckley Pierce County Library, 123 S. River Ave., by 5 p.m. April 28.
Any fourth-, fifth- or sixth-grader living within the White River School District is eligible to enter the contest. Children may get contest entry forms at the Buckley library.
Judges designated by library staff will evaluate poems based on originality of ideas, creative images and correct spelling and grammar.
Contest winners will receive a new poetry book and will present their poems to friends, family and the community at 7 p.m. May 24 at Glacier Middle School.
Friends of the Buckley Library and Plateau Area Writers Association are sponsoring the free event.
The contest celebrates April as National Poetry Month, established by the Academy of American Poets in 1996.