Actions: Close the Columbia River and tributaries above Rock Island Dam to fishing for steelhead.
Species affected: Steelhead.
Effective date: One hour after sunset on March 31, 2014.
- Mainstem Columbia River: From Rock Island Dam to 400 feet below Chief Joseph Dam.
- Wenatchee River: From the mouth to 400 feet below Tumwater Dam, including the Icicle River from the mouth to 500 feet downstream of the Leavenworth Fish Hatchery Barrier Dam.
- Methow River: From the mouth to the confluence with the Chewuch River in Winthrop.
- Okanogan River: From the mouth to the Highway 97 Bridge in Oroville.
- Similkameen River: From the mouth to 400 feet below Enloe Dam.
Reason for action: Most steelhead will be spawning beginning in April. National Marine Fisheries Service Permit 1395 for this program allows a fishery to be promulgated only through March 31.
Fishers must have a current Washington fishing license, appropriate to the fishery. Check the WDFW “Fishing in Washington” rules pamphlet for details on fishing seasons and regulations.