- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy | Washington Secretary of State
Over the past few days, we’ve had blog posts related to the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. The blog posts include photos or documents kept by our State Archives.
This morning’s post features a telegram sent to Gov. Albert Rosellini on Nov. 22, 1963, informing him that Lyndon B. Johnson had been sworn in as president following JFK’s death, as well as Rosellini’sproclamation that day asking Washingtonians to mourn his death until Kennedy’s funeral the followingMonday.
This post includes a September 1963 photo of JFK, Rosellini and Sen. Warren Magnuson at Sea-Tac Airport:
Finally, this post shows two photos of Kennedy in Seattle with Rosellini and Sen. Henry Jackson in 1960:
Feel free to use any of the photos or documents found in these blog posts. Please give image credit to Washington State Archives. – Brian