- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Backpack collection for fall under way
With the start of the school year just around the corner, Enumclaw Youth and Family Services, along with Plateau Outreach Ministries, is again asking community members, businesses and churches for support in providing school supplies and backpacks to more than 300 low-income children in the community.
School supplies and backpacks will be collected until Aug 13. The backpacks will be distributed from 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 20 at J.J. Smith Elementary School.
Last year the Youth Center distributed 350 backpacks and they went fast.
Students will need: calculators, binders, packs of paper, colored pencils, No. 2, plain, yellow pencils, rulers, tissue boxes, packs of pens, glue bottles, glue sticks, crayons (16 count), watercolor markers (eight count), scissors, pencil sharpeners, packs of erasers, spiral notebooks, Mead composition notebooks, folders with pockets and dividers. It is asked that only new supplies be donated.
Supplies may be dropped at the Enumclaw Youth Center, 1356 Cole St. For more information contact Christine Adkins at Enumclaw Youth Center at 360-825-4586, extension 5654.