- About Us
- posted Aug 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM— updated Aug 26, 2013 at 1:44 PM
An apparent argument be male friends allegedly resulted in the stabbing of a male teen.
- posted Aug 28, 2013 at 7:56 AM
BUSINESS FIRE: An officer responded with Enumclaw firefighters at 12:57 a.m. Aug. 23 to a kitchen fire at a Roosevelt Avenue business. All employees were evacuated and the scene was turned over to the fire department.
- posted Aug 28, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Report of one-car roll over accident at 244th and 448th Street Southeast.
- posted Aug 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM
The Enumclaw Regional Healthcare Foundation and Enumclaw Rotary duck race was Saturday at the golf course on Boise Creek.
- posted Aug 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Stabbing suspect James "Jimmy" Sweet turned himself in to King County Sheriff's deputies yesterday, Aug. 28.
- posted Aug 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM
The suspect in the Aug. 24 stabbing of a 14-year-old boy near Enumclaw was arrested Aug. 28 by King County Sheriff's detectives.
- posted Sep 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Efforts to build an Enumclaw Welcome Center have followed a twisted and sometimes tortuous path, so it was perhaps no surprise that another roadblock popped up last week.
- posted Sep 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM
A memorandum of agreement (MOA) signed this week by King County and the city of Enumclaw outlines the cooperative makeup in working with the property owner of the White River Forest to ensure continued access and use of the forest for recreational purposes.
- posted Sep 6, 2013 at 10:33 AM
GRAFFITI: Police were told the morning of Sept. 3 someone used a Sharpie to write on 350 to 400 bricks at a First Street location. It was not immediately known how much it would cost to clean up the damage.
- posted Sep 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Crews were able to get a better look at damage to State Route 410 this morning, after heavy rains caused flash floods to wash across the road, depositing large amounts of mud, rock and other debris.
- posted Sep 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM— updated Sep 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
The Enumclaw Hornets displayed a solid ran-pass offense and a stingy defense Friday night at Sheets Fields to take home a 23-6 victory over the White River Hornets.
- posted Sep 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Enumclaw will keep the Battle of the Bridge trophy for another year with the 23-6 victory over White River Friday, Sept. 6, at Sheets Field.
- posted Sep 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM
SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY: A patrolling officer spotted a suspicious vehicle at 9:30 p.m. Sept. 8 in the vicinity of 244th Avenue Southeast and Southeast 436th Way. The officer contacted a person who was attempting to mount a camera to a power pole, an effort to monitor an "anti-levy" sign at a nearby corner.
- posted Sep 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM— updated Sep 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM
The Enumclaw Hornets host Central Kitsap 7 p.m. at Pete's Pool field.
- posted Sep 14, 2013 at 9:32 PM
According to the NASCAR website, Kasey Kahne set the pace in final NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice Saturday afternoon at Chicagoland Speedway, turning a 181.068 mph lap in final prep for the opening event of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup postseason.
- posted Sep 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM
FIRST DAY OF AUTUMN TO BE BLUSTERY ACROSS WESTERN WASHINGTON... A STRONG BUT FAST MOVING PACIFIC STORM WILL BRING GUSTY WINDS AND BRIEF LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL TO WESTERN WASHINGTON SUNDAY...THE FIRST DAY OF AUTUMN
- posted Sep 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM— updated Sep 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Describe why you chose to run and why you’re the best candidate.
- posted Sep 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Rangers and Mountain Rescue volunteers at Mount Rainier National Park recovered the body of George Merriam, 66, of Lakewood, Washington today after an overnight search on Pinnacle Peak.
- posted Oct 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM— updated Oct 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Without reducing service levels, how would you fund the projected dollar shortfall in 2015? Explain rational.
- posted Oct 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM— updated Oct 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM
My goal has been to better inform the voters. Democracy only works when voters have enough information to make good decisions. This is one of the chief functions of a free press – to provide accurate information.
- posted Oct 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Shelby DeVol, candidate for the Enumclaw City Council Position No. 3, has decided to withdraw from the race. Her name will appear on the ballot.
- posted Oct 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Angela Stubblefield and Elbert Reed are running for Fire District 28 Commissioner Position No. 2. The two candidates agreed to an in-paper debate. This is the final installment and includes a rebuttal and closing statements.
- posted Oct 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Boys varsity team wins co-champion status in the SPSL 3A League
- posted Oct 28, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Editor’s Note: For the second week City Council candidates for positions one, three, five and seven responded to three in-paper debate questions presented by the editorial department and columnist Rich Elfers
- posted Oct 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM— updated Oct 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM
The largest of Enumclaw's summer festivals is packing up its tent and returning to its eastern Washington roots.