• Officers stopped a vehicle on state Route 410 at 3:30 a.m. Jan. 21 and both the 53-year-old driver and 18-year-old passenger had warrants out for their arrests. The man had a warrant for driving with a suspended license from Bonney Lake. The woman had a warrant for driving with a suspended license from Pierce County District Court. During a search of the man a bag of marijuana was found in his coat pocket. A methamphetamine smoking pipe was found in the car and another glass smoking pipe. The search also revealed a file folder containing seven unused Department of Licensing temporary vehicle licenses, which are only to be issued by car dealers. The man said he was a car salesman and was transporting them to a satellite office. The man was booked into the Buckley jail for driving with a suspended license, possession of paraphernalia, marijuana and on the warrant. The Pierce County Sheriff’s Department could not take custody of the woman. She was advised to take care of the warrant and was released.
• An officer arrested a 32-year-old man for an outstanding warrant from Tacoma. The officer stopped the man at 11 p.m. Jan. 20 on 198th Avenue and 94th Street East. A search of the man revealed a pen with the contents removed. There was white powder residue inside. The man said he snorted prescription depression medication with the pen because it entered his system faster. The officer also found a glass smoking pipe used to smoke drugs. The man said the pipe was not his. He was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and released to the a state trooper for the warrant.
• A 27-year-old man was stopped for driving with a suspended license at 10:30 p.m. Jan. 18 in the Frankie’s Pizza parking lot. The driver attempted to hide from the officer by turning onto 211th Avenue and passing a vehicle on the left. When the man turned into the parking lot the officer stopped him. The man said he was driving a friend’s car and could not find the insurance card. The officer could smell alcohol on the man and he was slurring his speech. The man said he had drank four beers. The man was arrested and booked into the Enumclaw jail for driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license.
• An officer stopped a vehicle for making an illegal left turn onto 192nd Avenue East at 12:46 a.m. Jan. 17. The officer noted the 26-year-old man’s eyes were bloodshot and dilated. The man denied drinking or smoking marijuana. There was a 25-year-old male passenger in the car. The passenger was lethargic and speaking slowly. He stated he had been smoking marijuana. A search of the car revealed a bag of marijuana and a joint in the console. The officer could smell alcohol on the driver and asked why he lied. The driver said he had been drinking, but not drinking to get drunk. He was cited for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol and booked into the Buckley jail. The passenger was cited for possession of marijuana and also booked into the Buckley jail.
• A 42-year-old woman reported her global positioning system was stolen from her car at 7 a.m. Jan. 15 while it was parked in the Fred Meyer parking lot. The woman said the passenger side window of her boyfriend’s car was broken. The woman said a $400 money order was also taken. An investigation continues.
• An 18-year-old man was found in the parking lot of Fred Meyer at 10:18 p.m. Jan. 9. Officers had trespassed the man from the property on Jan. 6 due to disorderly conduct. After the man was arrested a marijuana smoking pipe was found on him. He was cited for possession of paraphernalia and trespassing and booked into the Buckley jail.