- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Lack of quorum scuttles Monday night meeting of Enumclaw City Council
Those who tuned into ECTV Monday night to watch the Enumclaw City Council in action found a blank space on their computer monitor. And those in attendance at City Hall sat patiently for a few minutes before heading home.
The reason? The lack of a quorum.
With only councilmen Kevin Mahelona, Richard Elfers and Glen Jensen in attendance, no business could be conducted. For an official meeting to occur, there must be four members present from the seven-member council.
The agenda was light, with two people in attendance scheduled to speak. Expo Center Manager Kristen Damazio was slated to brief the council on two of the summer's highlights, Creation 2010 and Celebrate Homegrown, and Cynthia DuVal was on hand to talk about the community garden.