News

House fire kills resident

County fire investigators determined the Dec. 7 blaze that claimed the life of a man was accidental, caused by the misuse of smoking material in the bedroom.

According to King County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. John Urquhart, the victim, 52, was a resident of the single-story home.

The fire was reported at about 10 p.m. to Fire District 47. The home is near Kanaskat-Palmer State Park, northeast of Enumclaw.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 29 edition online now. Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates