- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Stadium group receives city OK to move forward with renovation plan
An ambitious upgrade to Enumclaw’s historically significant but out-of-date football field has moved another step closer to reality.
Members of the City Council unanimously approved a motion authorizing a group of volunteers to reconstruct Pete’s Pool, the all-grass field within the confines of the Enumclaw Expo Center. The action came during the council’s March 28 meeting.
A move to refurbish the field has been talked about for years and has been tackled by a group with the moniker Your Enumclaw Area Stadium, better known as the YEAS Committee.
Monday’s resolution states that YEAS will obtain all necessary permits and a construction agreement between YEAS and the city will be in place before work begins.
YEAS has touted a two-phase development, the first step relating to replacement of the football field and the second concerning new grandstands and other amenities.
Phase I includes, among other things, removal of the existing grass surface, excavation of six to 18 inches of soil, completion of a drainage system, installation of a concrete border around the field and placement of an artificial turf surface.
Stadium boosters hope to accomplish the work between May and August.
Before the council endorsed the resolution, Mayor Liz Reynolds confirmed the city administration’s support for the YEAS effort.