- About Us
Some races will give voters a primary choice
By Kevin Hnson
Many races will go uncontested, but area voters will have a couple of decisions to make during the fall elections.
That’s the outcome of last week’s formal filing period, when political hopefuls made their intentions known with elections offices in both King and Pierce counties.
In Enumclaw, for example, two of the three races for City Council will provide voters with a choice. Council Position 2 has incumbent Rich Elfers being opposed by Darrel Dickson; in the Position 4 chase for a seat being vacated by Jeff Beckwith, Chance LaFleur and Robert Veitch are running.
In the Enumclaw School District, two of the four seats on the school board are contested. April Schroeder and Sara Poe Hardersen are both after the District 2 post, while Tina McGann and Dan Peterson filed for the District 4 seat.
In Black Diamond, all three council seats on the ballot have a pair of candidates. In Buckley, one race features three candidates and another has a pair of challengers.
The following is a full list of all candidates filing for local elective office.
• Enumclaw City Council Position 6
• Buckley City Council Position 4
• Buckley City Council Position 5
• Buckley City Council Position 6
• Buckley City Council Position 7
• Enumclaw School District Position 1
• Enumclaw School District Position 3
• White River School District Position 2
• White River School District Position 5
• Wilkeson Town Council Position 1
Ian Niles Galbraith
• Wilkeson Town Council Position 4
• Wilkeson Town Council Position 5
• Black Diamond City Council Position 5
• Black Diamond City Council Position 3
• Black Diamond City Council Position 1
Kristine A. Hanson
Tamie L. Boxx-Deady
• Fire Protection District No. 28
• South Prairie City Council Position 1
• Carbonado School District Position 3
• Carbonado School District Position 5
• Carbonado Mayor
• Carbonado Town Council Position 3
• Carbonado Town Council Position 4
• Carbonado Town Council Position 5