- About Us
School Board meets White River High School vice principal
White River School District Superintendent Tom Lockyer and White River High School Principal Mike Hagadone aren’t bashful about stealing another Puyallup School District leader for their own stable.
Rogers High Assistant Principal Scott Harrison will fill the position vacated by Greg Borgerding, who will take over the principal post at Glacier Middle School after the departure of Andy McGrath.
“We felt really good about our candidate pool,” Hagadone told the White River School Board at its June 22 meeting as he introduced Harrison.
“Scott stood head and shoulders above the group. I find no embarrassment at all to take another one from Puyallup,” said Hagadone, who also served in the Puyallup district before joining the staff at White River.
The district received 45 applications and narrowed the field to seven for interviews.
Harrison, a Marine sergeant, has a teaching background in history, language arts and social studies. He served as an administer in the Puyallup School District for the past five years, the last three as assistant principal at Rogers.
“My joy is to join a team already doing amazing things,” Harrison said. “White River is the best kept secret in Pierce County.
“I think I will bring experience, a ton of energy and a joy in serving kids,” he said.
Harrison is married with two young children.
The district has posted both the assistant principal position at GMS and the principal position at Wilkeson Elementary and plans to conduct interviews for those positions in the coming weeks.
In other business, the board:
• approved the Imagine It Curriculum for Reading, The Language of Composition and Patterns for College Writing.
• OK’d a rescission of request for leave of absence from teacher Jami Carnino and a resignation from office manager Tara Cawley.
• accepted the retirement of teacher AnnaMarie Otteman.
• approved resignations from teacher Esther Ladwig and McGrath.
• hired teachers Danielle Edwards and Dawn Floyd and psychologist Jennifer Werner-Molina.