News

Wednesday night apartment fire in Enumclaw causes reported $100,000 in damage | VIDEO

The Aspen Glade apartment complex sustained approximately $100,000 in damage the evening of July 20 when a fire broke out on the balcony of a second-floor unit.

The Enumclaw Fire Department responded at 10:46 p.m. to the apartment building at 750 Watson St. They found a fire burning on the balcony of an apartment in the A Building. Crew evacuated adjacent units, rescued two pets from the unit on fire and extinguished the flames.

Four units were on the scene with 11 fire personnel. They were released at 12:49 a.m.

According to information provided by Enumclaw Fire/District 28, the blaze was the result of "improperly discarded smoking materials." The fire originated on the balcony surface before spreading into the apartment through windows and a sliding door. Flames were limited to one unit.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Nov 19
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates