- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Schreiner and Ramous earn Rotary 'Student of the Month' honor
Enumclaw Rotary Club members recognized Taryn Schreiner and Christina Ramous as Students of The Month at their Oct. 20 meeting.
Schreiner, daughter of Barb and Ty Schreiner of Enumclaw, was the recipient from Enumclaw High School. A strong academic student taking Advanced Placement art and calculus, she has a 3.9 cumulative grade-point average and is a member of the National Honor Society. She is also captain of the high school cross country team and represented Enumclaw in the Distinguished Young Women’s Program. She plans to attend Northern Arizona University in the fall and study environmental science.
Ramous, daughter of Kathryn and Art Ramous of Buckley, was the recipient from White River High School. A strong academic student taking Advanced Placement literature classes, she has a 3.9 cumulative gap and is a member of the National Honor Society. She also competes on the varsity cross country and tennis teams and is an active participant in her youth church group and choir. She plans to attend Gonzaga University in the fall and study English.