- Inslee declares Saturday, Nov. 28 ‘Small Business Saturday’ | National Federatio...
- Council approves Executive’s proposal to invest $28 million in 100 regional cult...
- AG recovers $426K from Millennium Health for illegal kickback scheme | Attorney...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Santa Patrols will be making the rounds
Firefighters throughout the Plateau will soon be out in force spreading some holiday cheer, sponsoring Santa Patrols that blanket the region.
Firefighters from Enumclaw/District 28, Buckley and East Pierce Fire and Rescue traditionally operate patrols, handing out candy canes and allowing youngsters to visit with Santa.
Firefighters will kick off the season with an appearance from noon until 2 p.m. at Tracey’s Produce on state Route 164.
The traveling portion of the schedule calls for the following, with every route beginning at 5:30 p.m.:
The itinerary calls for the following routes:
• Dec. 14 – Watson Street west to Semanski, Roosevelt south to Warner Avenue;
• Dec. 15 – Semanski Street west to 244th, McHugh Avenue south to Warner Avenue;
• Dec. 16 – Semanski east to Division, McHugh Avenue south to Roosevelt Avenue;
• Dec. 17 – everything from Division east, McHugh south to Roosevelt.
The evening of Dec. 18 has been identified for any makeup dates, if needed.
As they make their rounds, firefighters will accept donations for the local food bank. They also will accept toys to be distributed to needy families and will take cash donations in support of their efforts.
The Buckley Fire Department will kick off its Santa Patrol Dec. 12 and will continue through Dec. 16.
Routes are the same as in previous years. Dec. 12 and 13 will see firefighters sweeping through much of the town. Dec. 14, the crew will cover B, C and D streets to Main Street and Collins Road; Dec. 15, Santa and his team travel through the Copperwynd development; and Dec. 16, the group will visit Shay Estates along Bevlo, Sheets and Klink streets, winding up at Rainier School.
As in years past, the Buckley squad will also be collecting donations for the local food bank.
East Pierce Fire and Rescue will be visiting neighborhoods between Buckley and Bonney Lake – including Sunset Meadows, Finlandia and Eagle Crest – between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Dec. 11. The towns of Wilkeson and South Prairie will be visited from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Dec. 16. A department vehicle will cruise a few blocks ahead of the sleigh to let everyone know Santa has arrived.
Firefighters warn everyone to be cautious around the moving vehicles.