Enumclaw police reports Dec. 1-4

SUSPICIOUS: A call was made to 911 at 1:47 a.m. Dec. 4 from someone at a Griffin Avenue address. The caller said there was a man with weapons at that location. No one was found and the caller would not respond to police attempts to contact him. The same person was involved in a 3:17 a.m. call to police involving a domestic dispute. Police determined the argument was verbal only and was related to the man being under the influence of drugs. A woman and child were given a ride to a relative's home. The man called police again at 11:50 a.m., expressing concern for his personal safety. He was told officers could provide extra patrol of the area and he was welcome to stay at the police station if he did not feel safe.

ONE-CAR CRASH: City police assisted county deputies shortly after 5 a.m. Dec. 4 after a vehicle crashed into a power pole on 244th Avenue Southeast. The driver was not at the scene but was later contacted at his home. He declines medical assistance.

TWO BOOKED: Police received several calls shortly before 9 p.m. Dec. 3 relating to a disturbance at the corner of Myrtle Avenue and Cole Street. The incident involved three adult females, one in a wheelchair. Investigation led to one female booked for fourth-degree assault and theft; a second female was booked for theft; the woman in the wheelchair was evaluated by medical staff and transported to the home of a family member. The theft was related to an unpaid bill.

QUESTIONABLE CALL: The King County Sheriff's Office received a call between 5 and 6 a.m. Dec. 2 but the only sound was heavy breathing. It was determined the call was made in Enumclaw and both county and city authorities called the cell phone and left messages. The Enumclaw dispatch center received a call from the phone at 5:53 a.m. but the caller refused to speak. Despite subsequent efforts, no contact was made.

THEFT: Police were told the afternoon of Dec. 2 that tip money and a cookie were stolen from a Cole Street business. The victim declined to prosecute and the suspect agreed to stay away from the business.

THREAT MADE: Someone at a Griffin Avenue business was threatened by a former employee, according to a call received by police the afternoon of Dec. 2. An officer contacted the victim and attempted to locate the suspect. Once found, the former employee would be ordered to stay away from the business.

UNWANTED PERSON: A Warner Avenue resident called police at 6 p.m. Dec. 2, asking that an unwanted person be ordered from her apartment. An officer located the subject on Semanski Street. The individual was taken into custody on multiple arrest warrants and booked into the city jail.

ASSAULT ALLEGED: Police were told Dec. 2 of an assault that occurred at a Griffin Avenue address. The victim said the assault took place three hours earlier but was not immediately allowed to call for help. Officers responded and found no signs of physical injury. The suspect was staying with a friend and the reporting party was to be examined at the local hospital.

SEVERAL CHARGES: A traffic stop at 12:48 a.m. Dec. 1 resulted in a male driver taken into custody on a drug charge, for having an open container of alcohol and for driving with a suspended license. The stop was made at the intersection of state Route 410 and Warner Avenue.


We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 26
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates