News

Man injured in commercial building fire in Enumclaw | King County Fire District 28

King County Fire District 28 responded to a commercial fire at 1:41 p.m. located at 427 Roosevelt Avenue,  Suite B in Enumclaw.

Firefighters arrived on scene at 1:44 p.m.  and found  a commercial building well involved in fire. Firefighters were alerted by Enumclaw police of a victim who had sustained burn injuries. The man was in the building when the fire erupted.

King County Medic One paramedics and fire district emergency personnel  tended to the man's injuries. The man was flown to Harborview Medical Center with second and third degree burns to his legs and arms. Firefighters from Buckley and Mountain View Fire and Rescue also responded to the fire.

A fire origin and cause investigation was conducted by fire district 28 personnel. The official cause of this fire is accidental. The fire was the result of a space heater located too close to combustibles.


View Larger Map

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Dec 17
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates