- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
King County Council meeting highlights | March 19-23
Monday, March 19
Committee of the Whole – 9:30 a.m.
--Committee members will meet with Mr. Andy Hsing Chin, Director General, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office.
- Results of the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce 2011 Job Sector Survey (Briefing No. 2011-B0029).
- An ordinance relating to the development of a regional motor sports facility (Substitute Ordinance 2011-0227.2).
- An ordinance authorizing an interlocal agreement with participating King County cities to formalize the King County-Cities Climate Collaboration (Substitute Ordinance 2012-0061.2).
- A motion supporting efforts of the Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust to gain designation as a National Heritage Area and urging Congress to approve such a designation (Motion 2012-0105).
Transportation, Economy and Environment Committee – 9:30 a.m.
Committee members are scheduled to discuss and possibly recommend to the full council:
- A motion regarding increasing access to the One Regional Card for All (ORCA) regional fare media for public transportation (Motion 2012-0092).
- Overview of Seattle 2030 District (Briefing No. 2012-B0039).
- An ordinance relating to comprehensive planning and permitting (Ordinance 2012-0103). Potential areas of discussion:
- Area Zoning studies and proposed regulations
- An ordinance submitting to voters in August 2012 a proposition authorizing a property tax levy to fund costs of replacing the Children and Family Justice Center located at 12th and Alder in Seattle (Ordinance 2012-0094).
Regional Policy Committee – 1:30 p.m. ***Special Meeting***
- Update on Gang Intervention and Suppression Efforts in King County (Briefing No. 2012-B0043).
- Opportunities for King County Economic Expansion: Renewable/Clean Energy and Energy Conservation Business and Research (Briefing No. 2012-B0042).
Regional Transit Committee – 3:00 p.m.
- Review of the Strategic Plan and Service Guidelines (Briefing No. 2012-B0041).
32627 SE Redmond Fall City Rd. Fall City, WA
- An ordinance relating to comprehensive planning and permitting (Ordinance 2012-0103).