- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Crash on West Tapps sends one to trauma center | East Pierce Fire & Rescue
East Pierce Fire and Rescue firefighters responded to numerous reports of a collision on the 4100 block of West Tapps at 9:22 p.m. Tuesday, May 15. Witnesses said that a pickup truck traveling at a high rate of speed, hit a sedan pulling out of a drive way. The impact of the crash was so violent that it ejected the driver of the sedan approximately 120 feet from the vehicle onto the roadway.
The truck also hit a third vehicle approaching from the opposite direction.
The driver of the sedan was transported to an area trauma center with life threatening injuries.
Two occupants of the third vehicle were uninjured. The driver of the truck refused treatment and was taken into custody.
The road was closed in both directions for several hours as Pierce County Sheriff's deputies
conducted their investigation.