- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Enumclaw's Dahlquist to receive award from business group
The Washington state director for America’s largest small-business association will present Rep. Cathy Dahlquist with her Guardian of Small Business Award Monday, May 21, at a ceremony in Enumclaw.
Last month, the National Federation of Independent Business released its voting record for the 62nd Washington State Legislature, naming 62 state lawmakers as Guardians of Small Business for their pro-Main Street votes during the six sessions of the 2011-12 Legislature. Rep. Dahlquist had a 100-percent, pro-small-business voting record on 10 vital issues for small business.
“Rep. Dahlquist fought for free enterprise in the face of sometimes hostile opposition and took tough votes because she knew it was the right thing to do for the job creators in her home district and across the state,” said Patrick Connor, NFIB’s Washington state director who will present Dahlquist her award.