The coming week at the King County Counci
July 7, 2012 · 6:20 PM
Committee of the Whole – 9:30 a.m. ***Special Meeting ***
Committee members are scheduled to discuss and possibly recommend to the full council:
- A motion making an appointment to fill the vacancy in the 5th legislative district of the Washington state Senate (Motion 2012-0223).
Flood Control District Board – 1:30 p.m.
- Watershed Resource Inventory Areas (Briefing FCD12-B01).
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
Councilmembers will present a proclamation declaring July 9, 2012, as Washington State National Parks Day in King County.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
- A motion making an appointment to fill the vacancy in the 5th legislative district of the Washington state Senate (Motion 2012-0223). Subject to committee action.
- Two ordinances pertaining to the South Kirkland Park-and-Ride Transit Oriented Development Project, permitting construction of a new Transit Center, approximately 181 market rate housing units, 58 affordable housing units, 6,000 to 8,000 square feet of retail space, and a parking garage that will increase net park-and-ride capacity by 250 stalls (Ordinance 2012-0214 and Ordinance 2012-0215).
- An ordinance relating to prohibiting the use of tobacco products in high-use areas in King County parks and recreation facilities; amending Ordinance 14509, Section 4, and K.C.C. 7.01.010, adding a new section to K.C.C. chapter 7.12 and prescribing penalties (Ordinance 2012-0142).
- An ordinance relating to the provision of regional animal services, authorizing the executive to enter into an interlocal agreement, Enhanced Control Services Contract and Licensing Support Contract with cities and towns in King County for the provision of regional animal services (Ordinance 2012-0198).
Tuesday, July 10
Government Accountability, Oversight and Financial Performance Committee – 9:30 a.m.
- Briefing on the status of a 2013 budget proviso response relating to the Property Assessment Appeal Project (Briefing 2012-B0122).
Law, Justice, Health and Human Services Committee – 1:30 p.m.
- Status Report on the King County Prosecutor’s Office Initiatives on Repeat Burglary, Auto Theft, and Firearms Crimes (Briefing 2012-B0116).
- A Briefing on Youth and Young Adult Homelessness and the “Priority Action Steps to Prevent and End Youth/Young Adult Homelessness-An Implementation Plan” (Briefing 2012-B0118).
Wednesday, July 11
Ferry Board Executive Committee – 1:30 p.m. *** Special meeting location: Southwest Conference Room, 12th Floor, King County Courthouse ***
- Colman Dock update
- Management Reports
Regional Water Quality Committee – 1:30 p.m. ***Special Meeting ***
Committee members are scheduled to discuss:
- An ordinance approving an amendment to the county’s long-term combined sewer overflow control plan and authorizing the King County executive to prepare a water quality assessment and environmental benefit study to provide information for the next combined sewer overflow control program review in 2018 (Ordinance 2012-0235).
Regional Policy Committee – 3:00 p.m.
- Overview of King County Debt Financed Projects (Briefing 2012-B0120).
- Update on Solid Waste Issues (Briefing 2012-B0119).