- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Rodeo adds excitment to Expo Center grounds
A professional rodeo will add to the excitement of the King County Fair.
While the rodeo and fair will be staged at the same time at the same place, they are separate events. Admission to one will not work for both attractions. The Enumclaw Pro Rodeo will begin at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and at 1 p.m. Sunday. Gates open one hour before the action gets under way.
Organizers are bringing back the rodeo, which was a fair staple until a decade ago, as a way to energize the fair and, turn, help local 4-H and FFA youth. Youngsters need a local fair to qualify for the state's biggest fair in Puyallup and the hope is a rodeo will provide enough interest to keep the Enumclaw fair operating.
The local event is affiliated with the Northwest Pro Rodeo Association and is attracting competitors from throughout the Pacific Northwest, northern California and British Columbia. They will compete for $15,000 of added prize money.
Tickets are on sale now, priced at $10 each. To purchase a ticket, visit www.enumclawprorodeo.com.