- About Us
Metropolitan King County Council | Monday highlights
At today’s Committee of the Whole, Committee members:
- Met with David K. Chapman and discussed motion confirming his appointment of as the Director of the Office of Public Defense (Motion 2012-0260). No action was taken on the motion, which remains in committee.
Received briefings on:
- Federal Legislative Status Report (Briefing No. 2012-B0136).
- Implementing Continuous Improvement in King County (Briefing No. 2012-B0137).
At today’s Council meeting, Councilmembers:
- Unanimously approved an ordinance authorizing the July 1, 2012-June 30, 2013 Office of Public Defense contracts for legal services (Ordinance 2012-0255).
- Unanimously approved an ordinance adding Everett Transit to the list of eligible transportation service providers in the county’s employee transportation program (Ordinance 2012-0265).
Introduction of ordinances and motions for Council action:
- An ordinance relating to solid waste fees charged at recycling and transfer stations and at the Cedar Hills Regional Landfill (Proposed Ordinance 2012-0274). The ordinance was referred to the Budget and Fiscal Management Committee for consideration.
- An ordinance approving a new lease for the King County District Court to be located at the Auburn Justice Center (Proposed Ordinance 2012-0276). The ordinance was referred to the Budget and Fiscal Management Committee for consideration.
- An ordinance adopting the 2012 King County Countywide Planning Policies and ratifying the 2012 King County Countywide Planning Policies for unincorporated King County (Proposed Ordinance 2012-0282). The ordinance was referred to the Transportation, Economy and Environment Committee for consideration.