- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Department of Justice grants focus on youth violence prevention
The U.S. Department of Justice is awarding $648,440 in two research grants to the University of Washington, announced U.S. Attorney Jenny A. Durkan. One grant will be used to study the long-term developmental effects of exposure to violence on children while the other will evaluate treatment programs utilized by the Washington Juvenile Rehabilitation Administration (JRA) and its effects on recidivism of youthful offenders.