Metropolitan King County Council | Tuesday highlights, Sept. 4
September 4, 2012 · Updated 4:24 PM
What Happened at the Metropolitan King County Council
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
At today’s Committee of the Whole, Committee members:
Received a briefing on:
- King County Employee Survey Results (Briefing No: 2012-B0138).
Discussed but took no action on:
- A motion confirming the appointment of David K. Chapman as the Director of the Office of Public Defense (Motion 2012-0260).
- An ordinance establishing a performance management action team to connect agency performance and budgeting to the King County Strategic Plan goals and priorities in order to enhance transparency and accountability to the public (Ordinance 2012-0367).
At today’s Council meeting, Councilmembers:
- Unanimously adopted an ordinance relating to the district court relocation to the Norm Maleng Regional Justice Center remodel project; making an appropriation and reappropriation of $7,860,318 to the building repair and replacement fund (Ordinance 2012-0261).
- Amended and unanimously adopted an ordinance relating to taxis, for hire vehicles and drivers (Ordinance 2012-0222).
Introduction of ordinances and motions for Council action:
- A Motion related to improving individual and organizational accountability of the King County sheriff’s office and increasing effectiveness of the office of law enforcement oversight; following up on a performance audit of the sheriff’s office internal investigations operations and the effectiveness of law enforcement oversight; and adopting a performance audit action plan to implement recommendations of the King County auditor (Motion 2012-0366).