- About Us
Metropolitan King County Council | Meeting agenda Sept. 17-24
This week at the County Council: Meeting highlights
September 17-24, 2012
Room 1001, King County Courthouse, 516 Third Ave, Seattle, WA
Committee of the Whole – 9:30 a.m.
Committee members are scheduled to discuss and possibly recommend to the full council:
- A motion to transfer retired vanpool vans to nonprofit organizations and local governments to meet the need of low-income, elderly disabled and young county citizens (Motion 2011-0373).
- A motion regarding access to public transportation mobility for low income populations and the establishment of an advisory committee for mobility as an element of the health and human services safety net to assist in the development of new regional public transportation fare programs (Motion 2012-0381).
- Eastside Rail Corridor—High Level Overview (Briefing No. 2012-B0148).
- 4Culture Annual Report (Briefing No. 2012-B0146).
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
- An ordinance renaming and reorganizing the Department of Development and Environmental Services (Ordinance 2012-0273).
- A motion related to improving individual and organization accountability of the King County, Sheriff’s Office; increasing the effectiveness of the Office of Law Enforcement Oversight and adopting the performance audit action place to implement recommendation of the King County Auditor (Motion 2012-0366).
- A motion to transfer retired vanpool vans to nonprofit organizations and local governments to meet the need of low-income, elderly disabled and young county citizens Contingent on committee action (Motion 2011-0373).
- A motion calling on the Washington State Legislature to adopt legislation relating to juvenile firearms and weapons crimes and that those penalties allow juveniles adjudicated for offences involving firearms be committed to the Juvenile Rehabilitation Facility (Substitute Motion 2012-0216.2).
- A motion regarding cyberbullying in unincorporated King County (Substitute Motion 2012-0365.2).
Transportation, Economy and Environment Committee – Canceled
- An ordinance relating to solid waste fees charged at recycling and transfer facilities and at the Cedar Hills Regional Landfill (Ordinance 2012-0274).
- An ordinance approving a new public health clinic lease for the Department of Public Health to be located in the Greenbridge Community in White Center (Ordinance 2012-0271).
- SoDo Arena Update (Briefing No. 2012-B0135).
2012 Comprehensive Plan Review Committee – 9:30 a.m. ***Special Meeting***
- An ordinance relating to comprehensive planning and permitting (Ordinance 2012-0103).
- Financial Review and Compliance Audit of the 2011 Emergency Medical Services Levy (Briefing No. 2012-B0149).
Regional Transit Committee – 3:00 p.m.
- Linking Transit and Development Working Group “Check-in” (Briefing No. 2012-B0145).
Board members are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
- A resolution commending Seattle Children's launch of Mission: Nutrition, an initiative that supports Seattle Children's efforts to be a healthy organization for its patients, families, visitors and staff (Resolution 12-09).
- A resolution calling on the Washington state Legislature to restore local control of retail tobacco sales and promotion (Resolution 12-10).
- Health Care Reform ‑ The King County Framework (Briefing No. 12-B14)
- The Shared Agenda of Public Health and Education: Eliminating Disparities (Briefing No. 12-B15).