- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
King County Council meeting highlightsSept. 24-28
This week at the County Council: Meeting highlights
September 24-28, 2012
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are in the King County Council Chambers,
Room 1001, King County Courthouse, 516 Third Ave, Seattle, WA
To accommodate the annual review and adoption of the 2013 Budget,
most standing committee meetings will be cancelled
Monday, September 24
Committee of the Whole – 9:30 a.m.
- Eastside Rail Corridor: Appraisal (Briefing No. 2012-B0148).
Metropolitan King County Council – 11:00 a.m. ***Special Meeting***
- King County Executive Dow Constantine will present his 2013 Executive Proposed Budget to the Committee. After the Executive’s address, the members of the Council’s Budget Leadership Team will meet with the media.
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
--Councilmembers will hear public testimony during their monthly public comment period. Speakers will have two minutes to address Councilmembers on matters relating to county government.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
- An ordinance relating to solid waste fees charged at recycling and transfer facilities and the Cedar Hills Regional landfill (Substitute Ordinance 2012-0274.2).
- An ordinance relating to establishing a fee for on-demand use of King County-owned bicycle lockers at Metro Transit passenger facilities (Ordinance 2012-0238).
- A motion calling on the Washington State Legislature to adopt legislation relating to juvenile firearms and weapons crimes and that those penalties allow juveniles adjudicated for offences involving firearms be committed to the Juvenile Rehabilitation Facility (Substitute Motion 2012-0216.2).
King County Flood Control District Executive Committee—3:00 p.m. ***Special Meeting Location*** Committee will meet in the Southwest Conference Room, 12th Flr. King County Courthouse
- County-Line Project.
- Capital Projects Expenditure
- 2013 Budget Recommendation.
Tuesday, September 26
King County Ferry District Executive Committee—3:00 p.m. ***Special Meeting Location*** Committee will meet in the Southwest Conference Room, 12th Flr. King County Courthouse
- Update on Coleman Dock.
- 2013 Budget Issue Review.
2013 KING COUNTY BUDGET
Follow and comment on the Council’s budget deliberations through Twitter (#KCBudget), Facebook and by visiting the King County Council Budget Web site at:
Wednesday, September 26
Budget and Fiscal Management Committee – 9:30 a.m. ***Special Meeting***
- Committee members are scheduled to receive briefings on the 2013 Executive Proposed Budget from King County’s elected officials:
o King County Sheriff Steve Strachan
o Richard McDermott, Superior Court Presiding Judge
o Corinna Harn, District Court Presiding Judge
o King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg
o King County Assessor Lloyd Hara
o Elections Director Sherril Huff