Home

Enumclaw Courier-Herald

Back

Kent and Maple Valley firefighters battle early morning fire in Covington Sunday

October 7, 2012 · Updated 8:55 AM
Comments

Kent and Maple Valley firefighters respond to an early morning fire in Covington. / Photo Courtesy Capt. Kyle Ohashi

A Kent Fire Investigator has determined that an early morning house fire Sunday in the 17800 block of Southeast 267 Place was caused by discarded cigarette butts. This heat source allowed the fire to spread from the home’s siding up into the attic space.

Firefighters from the Kent Fire Department Regional Fire Authority and the Maple Valley Fire Department arrived on scene at 2:38 am, less than three minutes after the initial dispatch to find smoke and flames coming from the eaves of the single story house.

After confirming that all the occupants had escaped, firefighters entered the home and pulled down the ceiling to gain access to the fire. Fully extinguishing the fire took approximately 30 minutes.

The home’s three adult occupants will be staying with relatives.

No one was hurt in the fire, which has been ruled accidental.

 


View Larger Map

Commenting Rules

© Sound Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Our Titles | Work With Us