- About Us
Metropolitan King County Council | Meeting agenda Oct. 22-26
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are in the King County Council Chambers,
Room 1001, King County Courthouse, 516 Third Ave, Seattle, WA
To accommodate the annual review and adoption of the 2013 Budget,
most standing committee meetings will be cancelled
Monday, October 22
Committee of the Whole – 9:30 a.m.
--Councilmembers will declare the week of October 21-27 as “Celebration of Pro Bono Week” in King County.
- Eastside Rail Corridor (Briefing No. 2012-B0148).
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
--Councilmembers will proclaim the month of October National Disability Employment Awareness Month in King County.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
- An ordinance approving the sale of a surplus portion of the Auburn Park-and-Ride parking lot to the city of Auburn (Substitute Ordinance 2012-0390.2)
King County Flood Control District Executive Committee—3:00 p.m. ***Special Meeting Location*** Committee will meet in the Southwest Conference Room, 12th Flr. King County Courthouse
Item for Recommendation to the Board of Supervisors:
- A resolution relating to the operations and finances of the King County Flood Control Zone District; adopting the District’s 2013 work program, budget, operating budget for King County, capital budget, six-year capital improvement program, oversight budget and opportunity fund project list; and authorizing improvements (Resolution No. FCD2012-09).
- A resolution relating to the Flood Control Zone District property tax levies for collection in 2013; authorizing a property tax levy increasing property tax revenue by one percent to implement the Districts 2013 work program (Resolution No. FCD2012-10).
Friday, October 26
Board of Health – 1:30 p.m. ***Special Meeting***
- Executive Proposed 2012 Public Health Budget (BOH Briefing No. 12-B16).
2013 KING COUNTY BUDGET
Follow and comment on the Council’s budget deliberations through Twitter (#KCBudget), Facebook and
by visiting the King County Council Budget Web site at:
Tuesday, October 23
Budget and Fiscal Management Committee—Canceled
Wednesday and Thursday, October 24-25
Budget and Fiscal Management Committee– Reconciliation Panel–9:30 a.m. ***Special Meetings***
Committee members are scheduled to discuss:
- 2013 King County Budget (Ordinance 2012-0391).
- Fee and levy ordinances that will help support the 2013 King County budget, including:
o An ordinance relating to the county property tax levies for collection in 2013 (Ordinance 2012-0395).
o An ordinance relating to school impact fees (Ordinance 2012-0405).
o An ordinance revising surface water management service charges (Ordinance 2012-0389).
o An ordinance increasing monthly rental rates for aircraft tie-downs at King County International Airport (Boeing Field) (Ordinance 2012-0393).
o An ordinance establishing inattentive driving as a traffic infraction (Ordinance 2012-0396).
o An ordinance establishing a pilot program for 2012 and 2013 to incent the voluntary separation of retirement-eligible career or civil service employees as necessary to minimize the number of employees subject to reduction in force (Ordinance 2012-0398).
Any business not completed will carry over to the next meeting