Resident's dryer catches fire | Black Diamond Fire Report

Mountain View Fire and Rescue - Black Diamond Fire Report for Oct. 31 - Nov. 5

Total Calls for the week

Fire: 0

Rupture/Explosion: 0

EMS/Rescue: 20

Hazardous conditions: 2

Service Call: 1

Good Intent: 0

False Call: 2

Severe Weather: 0

Other: 0

Total Calls: 25


Incident Of The Week:

Nov. 5

FIRE: West Lake Morton Drive. Firefighters were called to a dryer fire when a resident saw small flames inside their dryer. The resident turned off the breaker, ran out of the house, and called 9-1-1. Once crews arrived they looked inside and around the dryer and did not find any fire or smoke. They unplugged the dryer and advised that the resident have machine inspected by a professional before they used it again.

Dryer fires are common and it is good to have them inspected on a regular basis, according to MVFR Spokesperson Tim Perciful. He advises residents make sure to clean the lint trap after each use and have a profession clean or replace the dry vent where lint may accumulate. The resident, he said, did the right thing by turning off the power at the breaker, going outside and calling 9-1-1.


We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 26
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates