- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Enumclaw pastor's child rape trial delayed
The King County Superior Court trial for Malcolm Fraser, the assistant pastor of Enumclaw's Sound Doctrine Church who has been charged with first-degree rape of a child, has been continued to Dec. 11.
The trial was scheduled to begin Thursday but has been delayed, King County Prosecutor's Office spokesman Dan Donohoe reported through email.
The 39-year-old pastor is accused of sexual misconduct with a girl less than 12 years old. The alleged crimes were said to have happened seven years ago while Fraser and his wife were living in the girl’s home.
According to charging papers, Fraser is alleged to have had repeated sexual contacts with the girl during 2005 and 2006.
Fraser entered a plea of not guilty on April 5, during a King County Superior Court arraignment hearing.