- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Sheriffs release sketch of suspect in Covington attempted rape
King County Sheriff’s detectives are asking for the public’s help identifying a suspect who attempted to pull a woman into a wooded area to rape her.
At approximately 4:30 p.m. Sunday, the 38-year-old Hispanic female victim was grabbed as she walked down the sidewalk near SE 267th and Timberlane Wy SE. in Covington.
The suspect pulled her east of the road towards some trees, with something metal pressed to her neck saying only “sex”. The suspect spoke broken Spanish to the victim in a very aggressive tone. He said he knew where she lived and threatened to kill her if she called the police.
The victim fought back and knocked the metal object from the suspect’s hand, kicked him, and scratched him on the right side of his face. She was able to escape, but sustained a large cut on her hand from the attack.
The suspect is described as a black male, 28-30 year old, 5’10” with a thin build. He has medium skin tone, sunken cheeks and a Fu Manchu style beard. He was last seen wearing a black “doo rag,” a grey hooded sweatshirt and dark jeans with a bright colored panther painted or sewn on the pant leg. He also had long white spike earrings and a silver hoop/ball in his left eyebrow.
If you have any information related to this crime please call the King County Sheriff’s Office at 206-296-3311 (24 hours) or 911. Please reference case number 12-268229