- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Santa on firetruck throughout Plateau
Firefighters throughout the Plateau are again out in force spreading some holiday cheer, sponsoring Santa Patrols that blanket the region.
Firefighters from Enumclaw/District 28, Buckley and East Pierce Fire and Rescue traditionally operate patrols, handing out candy canes and allowing youngsters to visit with Santa.
The traveling portion of the schedule calls for the following, with every route beginning at 5:30 p.m.:
The schedule calls for the following routes:
• Dec. 14 – Semanski to Division and the Montgomery Park, Martin Johnson Park and Kibler areas.
• Dec. 15 – Divison to Cole and the Porter, MacFarland Park, Chinook Park Apartments and Garrett Park areas.
The Buckley Fire Department kicked off its Santa Patrol Monday and will continue through Friday.
Routes are the same as in previous years.
• Friday, the group will visit Shay Estates, Rose Place, Bevlo Street, Sheets Street, Klink Street, Ryan Road from Spiketon to Levesque, and Rainier School.
As in years past, the Buckley squad will also be collecting donations for the local food bank.
East Pierce Fire and Rescue will be visiting the towns of Wilkeson and South Prairie between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday. A department vehicle will cruise a few blocks ahead of the sleigh to let everyone know Santa has arrived.
Much of the district already has been visited.
Firefighters warn everyone to be cautious around the moving vehicles.