- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Man charged with luring 13-year-old girl | Pierce County Prosecutor
Today Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist charged Alejandro Carreno-Velez, 30, with Luring and Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance. The defendant was arraigned today and bail was set at $150,000.
Yesterday afternoon, the 13-year-old victim was walking home when she saw a car, driven by the defendant, driving slowly behind her. The defendant pulled up and offered her a ride. After she declined the offer, he pulled out several $20 bills and said, “Get in the car if you want some money.” The victim ran to her house, called police and gave them the defendant’s license plate.
“Fortunately, the young victim did everything right in this case,” said Prosecutor Mark Lindquist. “She said no, she ran home, and she even memorized the defendant’s license plate.”
Police learned the car was registered to the defendant and went to his home, where they found him sitting in the car. While frisking him, an officer found a bag of black tar heroin. The victim was brought to the scene and positively identified the defendant as the perpetrator.
Charges are only allegations and a person is presumed innocent unless he or she is proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.