- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Change Your Smoke Alarm Batteries When You “Spring Forward”
As the time change approaches early this Sunday, March 10, the Washington State Fire Marshal’s Office reminds residents that one easy step can help save their lives – changing the batteries in their smoke alarms.
When you change your clocks, take time to change and test the batteries in your smoke alarms. “ Smoke alarms most often fail because of missing, dead or disconnected batteries so maintenance is a simple, effective way to protect you and your family,” said State Fire Marshal Charles M. Duffy.
Warnings from smoke alarms can provide those critical extra seconds people need to get out of their homes safely. Plan, discuss and practice escape routes with your household members. Being prepared and knowing what to do in the event of a fire can save lives.
For more information about fire safety, visit the State Fire Marshal website atwww.wsp.wa.gov/fire/firemars.htm.