- About Us
Metropolitan King County Council | April 8
What Happened at the Metropolitan King County Council
Monday, April 8, 2013
At today’s Council meeting, Councilmembers:
Recognized two 2013 High School State Championship Basketball teams:
--Cleveland High School Girls (AAA Champs)
--Rainier Beach High School Boys (AAA Champs)
- Unanimously approved an ordinance adopting a framework for behavioral health services in King County (Ordinance 2013-0018).
- Unanimously adopted an ordinance establishing a memorial for King County Sheriff personnel who have lost their lives in the performance of their duty (Ordinance 2013-0132).
- Unanimously approved a motion relating to the implementation timeframe for reorganizing public defense services in King County (Motion 2013-0162).
- Unanimously adopted an ordinance approving an agreement to purchase a conservation easement for 43,000 acres of land within the White River Forest east of Enumclaw (Ordinance 2013-0156).
Introduction of ordinances and motions for Committee action:
- An ordinance that would submit to voters a proposition to fund county-wide Medic One emergency medical services by authorizing the continuation of an additional regular property tax levy for a six-year period beginning in 2014 (Proposed Ordinance 2013-0165). The ordinance has been sent to the Budget and Fiscal Management Committee for consideration.