- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
King County Council meeting highlights | May 13-17
Monday, May 13
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
Councilmembers will proclaim the week of May 12-18 as Police Week in King County in conjunction with National Police Week.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
An ordinance implementing public transportation service changes and the Snoqualmie Valley alternative service demonstration program in September 2013, February 2014 and June 2014 scheduled service changes (Ordinance 2013-0213).
King County Ferry District—Immediately following meeting of the King County Council ***Special Meeting***
Supervisors are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
A resolution relating to the King County Ferry District’s 2011 financial statements and adopting the King County Ferry District Financial Statements for the Year Ended December 31, 2012 (Resolution FD2013-04).
King County Ferry District Executive Committee—3:00 p.m. ***Special Meeting Location*** Committee will meet in Southwest Conference Room, 12th Flr, King County Courthouse
Administrator recruitment approach
Tuesday, May 14
Government Accountability and Oversight Committee – Canceled
Law, Justice and Health and Human Services Committee – 1:30 p.m.
Health Reform Planning Team (Briefing No. 2013-0053).
Planning and Implementation of a Recovery High School in King County (Briefing No. 2013-B0063).
Status of the Office of Emergency Management’s Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan and Hazard Identification and Vulnerability Analysis (Briefing No. 2013-B0064).
Transportation, Economy and Environment Committee – 4:00 p.m. ***Special meeting time and location*** Committee will meet at
401 South Jackson Street, Seattle
· Potential Metro Transit Service Cuts (Briefing No. 2013-B0054).
The committee will hear public testimony at this meeting.
Wednesday, May 15
Committee of the Whole – 9:30 a.m.Agenda will be available Monday, May 13 at: http://mkcclegisearch.kingcounty.gov/calendar.aspx
Regional Transit Committee – 3:00 p.m.
Committee members are scheduled to discuss and possibly recommend to the full council:
· A motion accepting the King County Metro Transit 2012 Strategic Plan Progress Report (Motion 2013-0161).
· A motion accepting the King County Metro Transit 2012 Service Guidelines Report (Motion 2013-0178).
· An ordinance revising the reporting schedule for annual service guidelines report and establishing a new reporting schedule for the biennial strategic plan progress report (Ordinance 2013-0229).
- An ordinance adopting updates to the Strategic Plan for Public Transportation 2011-2012 and King County Metro Service Guidelines (Ordinance 2013-0230).
Thursday, May 16
Board of Health – 1:30 p.m.
Secure Medicine Return Rule and Regulation (Briefing No. 13-B11)