- About Us
King County Council meeting highlights | June 10-14
Monday, June 10
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
--Members will recognize June 15, 2013 as Elder Abuse Awareness Day in King County
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
· An ordinance setting the 2014 sewer rate and capacity charge (Ordinance 2013-0217).
· An ordinance providing military leave differential pay, leave accruals and health benefits for King County employees who serve in the United States Uniformed Services for the period of time that they retain reemployment rights (Substitute Ordinance 2013-0195.2).
· An ordinance relating to road names; changing the name of 168th Avenue SE to Patriot Way SE (Ordinance 2013-0244).
Tuesday, June 11
Government Accountability and Oversight Committee – 9:30 a.m.
· Update on Office of Law Enforcement Oversight (OLEO) 2013 Work (Briefing No. 2013-B0086).
· Animal Control Outreach Efforts with Cities (Briefing No. 2013-B0071).
Law, Justice and Health and Human Services Committee – 1:30 p.m.
· King County’s Heroes Employment Reintegration Opportunity (HERO) Project (Briefing No. 2013-B0082).
Wednesday, June 12
King County Ferry District Executive Committee—1:30 p.m. ***Special Meeting Location*** Committee will meet in Southwest Conference Room, 12th Flr, King County Courthouse
· Spirit of Kingston costs
· Status of labor negotiations
Regional Policy Committee – 3:00 p.m.
· Follow up on Regional Economic issues (Briefing No 2013-B0088).
--Port of Seattle and Tacoma ‑ and local infrastructure investments