- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
King County Fire District 28 seeking applications for open commissioner position
The district is seeking applications to fill the position. This position will be appointed with the term expiring on Dec. 31, 2015.
Applicants must be a registered voter residing within boundaries of the fire district.
Submit a letter of interest along with a one page resume by 4 p.m. July 11.
Application may be dropped off or mailed to the headquarters station at
1330 Wells St.
Application packets will be reviewed and selected finalists will be called to come for an interview on July 22-24. The district commissioners plan fill this position by July 31.
Board of Commissioners
The board of commissioners is responsible for governing the operations of the fire district. The board will generally be responsible for the following areas:
1. Determining levels of service and establishing goals.
2. Determining type and level of funding, approve budgets, tax levies.
3. Establishing policies and approve operational procedures.
4. Employing key personnel and supervising the fire chief.
5. Guiding strategic planning.
6. Representing the district to public.
• Commissioner meetings are held the first Monday of each month at 10 a.m.
• Commissioners are paid a nominal fee per meeting.
• For more detailed information regarding job duties, please see the WFCA