- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
King County Council meeting highlights | June 24-28
Monday, June 24
Metropolitan King County Council – 9:00 a.m. ***Special Meeting Time***
The Council will be joined by the County Executive in recognizing the first graduating class of King County’s Heroes Employment Reintegration Opportunity (HERO) program
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
• Councilmembers will present a proclamation declaring June 2013 as Gay Pride Month in King County.
• Councilmembers will hear public testimony during their monthly public comment period. Speakers will have two minutes to address Councilmembers on matters relating to county government.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
•An ordinance authorizing the sale to the city of Shoreline of the surplus North Maintenance Roads Service facility (Ordinance 2013-0155).
•An ordinance authorizing an agreement with the Washington state Department of Commerce Public Works Board for loan financing for a wastewater capital project. (Substitute Ordinance 2013-0259.2).
Tuesday, June 25
Government Accountability and Oversight Committee – 9:30 a.m.
Committee members are scheduled to discuss and possibly recommend to the full council:
•An ordinance requiring the development of training materials for the use of social media technologies (Ordinance 2013-0223).
•Performance Audit of King County Office of Risk Management (Briefing No. 2013-B0094).
Law, Justice and Health and Human Services Committee – 1:30 p.m.
•Elder Abuse (Briefing No. 2013-B0091).
Thursday, June 27
Committee of the Whole – 9:30 a.m. ***Special Meeting***
Agenda will be available Monday, June 24 at: